Health Benefits of Raspberries
– Being rich in antioxidants, raspberry helps neutralize free radicals in the body and thus, prevents damage to cell membranes & other structures.
– Raspberries can restrain proliferation of cancer cells and even the formation of tumors in various parts of the body, including the colon.
– Daily consumption 3 or more servings of raspberry has been seen to lower the risk of age-related macular degeneration (ARMD), the main cause of vision loss in older adults.
– The anthocyanins present in raspberry have been found to reduce the risk of heart disease and also delay the effects of aging.
– The presence of salicylic acid in raspberries might slow down atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries).
– Raspberry is a good source of quercetin, an antioxidant that diminishes the release of histamines and thus, minimizes allergic reactions.
– Manganese and vitamin C, two antioxidant nutrients in raspberries, help protect the body tissue from oxygen-related damage.
– Raspberry is one of the few fruits whose consumption would not have much effect on the body?s blood sugar levels.
– Research has shown that regular consumption of raspberry is good for those suffering from inflammation and pain.