Health Benefits of Pumpkin
Health & Nutrition Benefits of Eating Pumpkin
- Pumpkin is very rich in carotenoids, which is known for keeping the immune system of an individual strong and healthy.
- Beta-carotene, found in pumpkin, is a powerful antioxidant as well as an anti-inflammatory agent. It helps prevent build up of cholesterol on the arterial walls, thus reducing chances of strokes.
- Being rich in alpha-carotene, pumpkin is believed to slow the process of aging and also prevent cataract formation.
- Pumpkins have been known to reduce the risk of macular degeneration, a serious eye problem than usually results in blindness.
- The high amount of fiber, present in a pumpkin, is good for the bowel health of an individual.
- Being loaded with potassium, pumpkin is associated with lowering the risk of hypertension.
- The presence of zinc in pumpkins boosts the immune system and also improves the bone density.