The Amandine potato is an early, firm waxy potato. The Amandine has an oval, uniform shape with yellow solid flesh. The skin is also yellow.
The Amandine potato has a fine, aromatic taste, even with a hint of sweetness.
Health Benefits of Potato
- Potatoes are a rich source of vitamin C, vitamin B6, copper, manganese, and dietary fibre.
- Sweet potatoes are reasonably low in calories and comprise no fat. They are a rich source of beta-carotene, potassium, and vitamin A.
- Potato is the most efficient food for energy production. The energy produced through potato gets stored as glycogen in muscle and liver; it functions as readily available energy during prolonged, strenuous exercise. That’s why; it is an important part of players’ diet.
- Potatoes are low in sodium, nearly fat-free and easy to digest. They make an active part of any diet.
- Potatoes are beneficial in curing stomach ulcers and inflamed conditions of the colon.
- Potatoes are also beneficial in haemorrhoid due to their high fibre content.
- Potatoes might help prevent cancer in glands and organs with epithelial tissue because of their high Vitamin A content.
- Potatoes make nice food for diabetics because they help to control blood sugar levels.
- Potatoes help to improve resistance to heart attack and stroke. The potassium content, available in potatoes, helps in maintaining fluid and electrolyte balance in the body cells.
- Potatoes also help in the normal functioning of the heart and keeping a check on blood pressure.