Health Benefits of Cauliflower
- The allicin in cauliflower is known to promote a healthy heart and reduce the risk of strokes
- Cauliflower contains selenium and vitamin C, both of which work together to strengthen the immune system.
- Cauliflower has been associated with the maintenance of a healthy cholesterol level.
- Being rich in folate, cauliflower is known to help improve cell growth and replication.
- The high amount of fiber in cauliflower improves colon health and can even help prevent cancer.
- Recently, it was found that cauliflower contains ‘indole-3-carbinol’, a substance that can prevent breast and other female cancers.
- The glucosinolates and thiocyanates, present in cauliflower, increase the ability of liver to neutralize potentially toxic substances.
- Cauliflower acts as a blood and liver detoxifier.
- Sulforaphane, a substance in cauliflower, can remove cancer causing chemicals and also stop the spread of cancer cells, even in the later stages of their growth.
- Researches have suggested that cauliflower contains certain phyto-chemicals that might help reduce the risk of some hereditary cancers