Health Benefits of Cantaloupe
- Cantaloupe is very helpful in improving lung health for smokers.
- Cantaloupe is a Superfood for skin because just one serving (1/4 medium melon) is an excellent source of vitamins A and vitamin C. These vitamins encourages the skin cell turnover and supports the formation of collagen the connective tissues that give your skin its elasticity and youthful fullness.
- It is good for complexion and digestion.
- Cantaloupe has potassium. It helps in rebalancing the heartbeat and sends oxygen to the brain and regulates the body’s water balance.
- It has high content of folate (folic acid), which prevents neural tube defects in infants.
Beneficial in the Following Illnesses
- High blood pressure
- Disorders of the kidneys and bladder
- Abdominal and stomach gas
- Skin diseases
- Blood deficiencies
- May help prevent cancer in organs and glands with epithelial tissue due to its high Vitamin A content.