Health Benefits of Cabbage
- Cabbage contain phytonutrients, works to protect the body from free radicals that can damage the cell membranes. Phytonutrients also signal our genes to increase its production of enzymes involved in detoxification.
- Cabbage may lower the incidence of cancer, especially in the lung, stomach and colon prostate.
- Cabbage is a muscle builder, blood cleanser and eye strengthener.
- The juice of fresh raw cabbage has been proven to heal stomach ulcer.
- Cabbage is rich in iron and sulfur.
- Juice of fresh cabbage is effective in treating fungus infection(due to it sulfur content).
- Cabbage can lower serum cholesterol.
- Cabbage contain Sulforaphane, a substance that can increase the production of antioxidant and detoxification enzymes. Sulforaphane works by stimulating the production of glutathione, the body’s most important internally produced antioxidant which plays a role in liver detoxification.
- Red Cabbage has more phytonutrients than the green cabbage. The vitamin C content of red cabbage is 6-8 times higher than that of the green cabbage.
- Red cabbage contain anthocyanin (red pigment/color) is an antioxidant that can help protect brain cells, thus can help prevent Alzheimer’s disease.