Health Benefits of Eggplant
- The skin of eggplant contains a phytonutrient that helps protect the lipids (fats) in brain cell membranes.
- Eggplant is a rich source of phenolic compounds an antioxidant that can help prevent cancer, cholesterol build-up and bacterial and viral infection.
- Eggplant has a high fiber content which can prevent constipation, hemorrhoids, and colitis.
- Eggplant is naturally low in calories and has no fat. A cup has only 38 calories.
- Lowers cholesterol by preventing its absorption in the intestines.
- Eggplant can help in cases of stomach ulcers
- It can help in various nervous conditions.
- Eggplant contains a large amount of water. It is good for balancing diets that are heavy in protein and starches.